Skip to main content

Thai Style Sea Bass

Two days back. when I was browsing the TV channels, I came across some chef making a grilled Sea bass Thai style. It was so damn easy & healthy that I thought, this should definitely go in to my blog. I don't know the chef's name, neither do I remember the programme's name, what I do remember is the recipe. I have improvised a bit from the original recipe. It taste yum. Trust me, you should try making it. Within 30 minutes, your healthy dinner is ready.
Ingredients:
  • 1 whole sea bass (cleaned, scales removed, if you want keep the head & tails on, its ok but I usually cut it off)
  • 60 gm coriander leaves (finely chopped)
  • 1 lemon (cut into thin round slices)
  • juice of 2 lemons
  • 1 big onion (cut into thin round rings)
  • 1 tbsp of olive oil
  • 2 tbsp fish sauce (if not available, then use soy sauce)
  • 2 tbsp of ginger ( julienne)
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
  • 2 thai red chillies (if not available, use the finger chillies) (cut into strips, seeds removed)
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp of soft brown sugar
  • salt & pepper to season
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius. Make deep cuts on both sides of the fish with a knife.Keep aside. Now take a baking tray, cover it with an aluminium foil.
  2. Place the onion rings in the middle of the tray, such that you place the fish on the bed of these rings.
  3. Now put the fish on top of the onion rings. Season the fish slightly with salt & peper. Don't forget to season inside the fish too.
  4. Now insert the lemon slices inside the fish. Drizzle the olive oil all over the fish, both inside & out.
  5. Put the tray into the oven & let the fish bake (you can even grill it) for 20 minutes & no more.
  6. While the fish is in the oven, let's make the Thai sauce. Heat a sauce pan & pour in the lemon juice, fish sauce, sesame oil, coriander leaves, julienne ginger, garlic, chillies, sugar & keep it for 5 minutes. The sauce should reduce & thicken a bit. Switch it off.
  7. After 20 minutes, take the fish out & slowly tip in to the serving plate with the onions on top of it (lets not waste the onions). Now slowly, drizzle the Thai sauce over the fish, also into the cuts made in the fish before.
  8. Perfect, healthy baked Sea Bass is ready to be eaten with a good glass of wine. Cheers!
Linking this recipe to ameessavourydish.blogspot.com where she is hosting a link party "Fit & Fabulous Fridays".

Comments

  1. I love sea bass but never had it this way... Will surely try it out..:) Thanks for sharing..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fish and this is perfect healthy dish that goes great with steam rice! Ahhhh yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never tried sea bass this way, delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this...sooo good ...great recipe.
    First time here..amazing space you have...interesting recipe collection..
    Am your happy follower now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..

    Tasty Appetite
    Event: Letz Relishh Ice Creams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum Dish :) New to me..

    New to ur space and following u :)

    Do visit mine as time permits
    http://comeletseat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog...I ADORE yours!!

    The fish looks awesome:) Perfect for these summer nights:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear! Thanks for visiting! What I did to the pics simply click on the photo attached then there will be option to make it XL size... But there are times the blogger tool is not working! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rohini

    That's a great Thai style sea bass recipe. I love the way you made the sauce as well.

    Thanks for following my blog. I find your blog awesome and following you back. Hope to see you around.

    http://spoon-and-chopsticks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower here! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been much of a fish fan, but this looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never prepared a whole fish (or most of a whole fish), but we catch a lot of bass in our lake. I'm going to try this recipe on "lake bass!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hundred Thousand Dollar worth Rava Upma (Indian Semolina Polenta)

Now you must be thinking, who doesn't know to make Rava Upma? What is so special about it? Every 5th person residing in India knows to make it and is a common breakfast item in almost all the Indian household. We Indians take this dish for granted. Well up until a week back, even I thought the same about this dish and looked down on Rava Upma. Not anymore. Last week I read a news about an Indian born, New York Chef Floyd Cardoz who won the top prize of £100,000 in an American show called "Top Chef Masters". No prize for guessing, he made RAVA UPMA!! After reading the article, I immediately decided that the recipe of a basic version of Upma must be on my blog. And here I am sharing the if not a "million dollar", then atleast a "hundred thousand dollar worth Upma Recipe". :) Upma is a popular South Indian Breakfast dish, mainly prepared by Semolina. It has a great resemblance with the Italian Polenta. It can be made with many variations by adding vegeta

Lemon Hummus and Baba ghanoush

Fresh, hearty and wholesome are the three words that comes to my mind when I think of Mediterranean cuisine. Be it the region’s meal in a bowl vegetable or fish soups, juicy Kebabs, fried falafel, craggy pieces of toasted Bruschetta with yummy toppings, Batata Bravas, wedges of tortilla, or any combination of fish, vegetables, nuts, seeds, meat, fruit, yoghurt and oils, Mediterranean food  is just brilliant.   Equally tasty are their spread of small tasty dishes served as a starter while waiting for the rest of the meal. No matter how simple or elaborate, these tasty appetisers always hit the spot.  I am going to share the recipes of two of the many popular Mezze dishes that you can whip up in no time at home, for your quick and light dinner. One is the lusciously creamy “Hummus” that would beg you to be scooped up on to your warmed pitta breads (please don’t bother making  pitta!!) and the second dish is Baba Ganoush, a healthier option to Hummus. Baba Ghanoush is made of ro

Tandoori Chicken (Indian BBQ Chicken)

Hello Everyone! Its been a really long time sine I posted any dish on my blog. I was busy holidaying and lazying around for the past 3 weeks. I have umpteen number of dishes to post on the blog but was not getting time to put any of it. I was pre-occupied with the household chores, had been to my friend's place for a few days, then witnessed a Live Cricket Match in a stadium. My schedule was hectic but truly fun filled. I was in no mood to touch the Laptop after that. And now starts the Festive season of Indians . So am busy cooking up sweet dishes, every alternate day. I have a whole lot of pending recipes to show you all & I don't know where to start from. But for now, let me post my first pending dish which was in the queue for quite some time now. TANDOORI CHICKEN!! Any Indian Blog is missing something, if the blogger hasn't posted a recipe of India's most popular & Internationally renowned dish.... "Tandoori Chicken". ;) "Tandoor", in Hi