Lazy Saturday & Pasta comes to your rescue again!! I tried to make it as much veggie as possible and successfully cooked a cauliflower pasta...The unique combination of chilli, lemon, nuts & sultanas makes this pasta & cauliflower surprisingly tasty. Try to use a tubular pasta so that the cauliflorets, nuts and raisins trap inside them and u get the crunch at each pasta bite!! :)
- 1/2 medium cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 250 g pasta (tube shaped)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp pine nuts (can use chopped almonds)
- 10 sultanas or raisins
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the cauliflower in salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop it cooking further. Drain.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to he packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the cauliflower and fry for 3 minutes until light golden. Reduce the heat, add the garlic, chilli flakes, nuts & cook for further 2 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta, the raisins, lemon zest, juice & parsley. Season & toss together with the parmesan cheese.