We don't always get excited about cucumber, because it isn't always served to its best advantage. This refreshing salad takes just a few minutes to put together, but does a cucumber full justice.
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- handful of mint or coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- a pinch of sugar
- salt & pepper (for seasoning)
- Peel the cucumber, halve it length ways & scoop out the seeds.
- Slice into thick half moons. Place in a dish along with the vinegar, olive oil, mint or the coriander leaves & season it with salt, sugar & pepper. Toss together thoroughly.
- Leave for 15 minutes & serve.