Skip to main content

Link it & Tag it

Its always a great feeling and a moment of pride when some one appreciates your work and rewards you. It is the same in case of Blogging too. When I started to blog a few months back (its almost 8 months now), I never knew, that I am entering into a whole new world of "Bloggyland"!! Thousands of Bloggers writing a post each day and you are just another small fish in the big Blogging ocean. I was mesmerized to see some bloggers write so beautifully, some click amazing pictures for their post & some highly skilled in their presentation. But when they appreciate your small effort, your collar gets a little high. ;)

The simple e-awards which I received for my blog was so motivating that it made me stick on to what I am doing and a bit more. "Tagging" a blog is the new way of awarding a blogger & am very fortunate that I have been TAGGED by Kim Burtland aka Kimby of alittlelunch.com Please do visit her website for the wonderful clicks, great writing, delicious recipes & her experiences in her own words. Thank you Kimby for "Tagging" me!! ;)

The whole idea of Tagging is to share seven posts from your blog in separate category. This is a great way to promote one's blog!! And am all ready.

  1. Most Beautiful Post: Am not good at photography, neither do I have an SLR but for me the most beautiful post would be Caramel Custard
  2. Most Popular Post: So far I have posted 84 recipes on my blog, but the simple Cafe Latte takes the top spot even after 8 months.Its the most viewed out of all.
  3. Most Controversial Post: I don't write about Politics or any other sensitive topics...I write about FOOD and there is nothing controversial about it, hence I will put my favourite post out of the 84. Pista Kulfi
  4. Most Helpful Post: Now what do I put here??? I have always been asked to put the recipes of Kerala Sadya dishes & many view the these dishes in my post quite regularly, so am linking the entire Category "Kerala Sadya" itself instead of one post.
  5. Post whose success surprised you: Many actually, but I guess, I will go with Thai Style Sea Bass
  6. Post that didn't get much attention it deserved: There are plenty of them, I guess each one of my recipe...;) But I will go with Chicken Fricassee. Its one of the delicious European style Chicken Stew that I have ever tasted.
  7. Post that am most proud of: I am proud of almost all my posts but if you ask me to pick one, it will be a tough choice. Nepalese Momo & Tomato Chutney is very close to my heart as this was the first time I ever made momos & came out yummy yum. Not an appealing picture but promise you that I will upload step by step pics when I make it again.
In case, you have missed these posts on my blog, please do surf through it. Am happy to share it with you all. Now let me pass this tagging trend of "Share 7 posts from your blog" to my favourite bloggers. The following blogs are TAGGED:


Eat, Drink & Be Merry!!

Comments

  1. hello! thank you so much for tagging me, that's so sweet! I've actually posted my 7 earlier >< wish i could do it again though ahahha. your 7 posts look delicious!going off to check that cafe latte! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging me! So sweet of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to know all ur yummy recipes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi...First time on your blog...you have a very nice space...happy to join you dear..Do visit me at http://muchmorethanahomemaker.blogspot.com/
    Cheers
    Neha

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice to recollect the recipes..great write-up..

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely recollection ~ love all your recipes ! Thanks for the tag, sure going to post it on my blog soon :) Hugs!
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for thinking of us. Great idea and looks like you've picked some pretty terrific recipes from your collection. Settling down to check them out..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rohini, I've spent a pleasant evening reading your "7" and I thank you for your kind comments above. Your recipes are so diverse! (I enjoyed your mashed potatoes post and Chicken Satay, too!) My apologies for not getting back to you until this evening, but I enjoyed every minute with you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hundred Thousand Dollar worth Rava Upma (Indian Semolina Polenta)

Now you must be thinking, who doesn't know to make Rava Upma? What is so special about it? Every 5th person residing in India knows to make it and is a common breakfast item in almost all the Indian household. We Indians take this dish for granted. Well up until a week back, even I thought the same about this dish and looked down on Rava Upma. Not anymore. Last week I read a news about an Indian born, New York Chef Floyd Cardoz who won the top prize of £100,000 in an American show called "Top Chef Masters". No prize for guessing, he made RAVA UPMA!! After reading the article, I immediately decided that the recipe of a basic version of Upma must be on my blog. And here I am sharing the if not a "million dollar", then atleast a "hundred thousand dollar worth Upma Recipe". :) Upma is a popular South Indian Breakfast dish, mainly prepared by Semolina. It has a great resemblance with the Italian Polenta. It can be made with many variations by adding vegeta

Lemon Hummus and Baba ghanoush

Fresh, hearty and wholesome are the three words that comes to my mind when I think of Mediterranean cuisine. Be it the region’s meal in a bowl vegetable or fish soups, juicy Kebabs, fried falafel, craggy pieces of toasted Bruschetta with yummy toppings, Batata Bravas, wedges of tortilla, or any combination of fish, vegetables, nuts, seeds, meat, fruit, yoghurt and oils, Mediterranean food  is just brilliant.   Equally tasty are their spread of small tasty dishes served as a starter while waiting for the rest of the meal. No matter how simple or elaborate, these tasty appetisers always hit the spot.  I am going to share the recipes of two of the many popular Mezze dishes that you can whip up in no time at home, for your quick and light dinner. One is the lusciously creamy “Hummus” that would beg you to be scooped up on to your warmed pitta breads (please don’t bother making  pitta!!) and the second dish is Baba Ganoush, a healthier option to Hummus. Baba Ghanoush is made of ro

Hara Kebab (Green Kebab)

My honest confession, when you start a food blog, there is no looking back. You just carry on cooking & cooking & cooking. The pressure is so much to cook good, versatile & different food every time. Especially when guests come home & if they are aware of your food blog, then you need to match or rather excel their expectations. My best friend came home this weekend & we had a great time together gossiping, shopping & of course eating glorious food. She is a hard core vegetarian, hence my cooking skills were put to test as I said before. So I ended up making delicious Hara Kebab for her. Kebab is often the grilled or roasted skewered meat which we all talk about. So I thought, why not make it vegetarian & give my friend a surprise. "yeah, Baby...eat those Kebabs right now"...Don't worry...Its vegetarian! ;) Also I came across a "spinach event" which is going on in one of the blogger's space, so I thought, why not make my first