For the past one week, I was not interested in doing anything. No cooking, No blogging, No nothing. Mood swings in a lady can be better understood only by another lady, so am not going into detail. My mind and body went into stealth mode. Am slowly coming out of it. That is why I didn't explore any of my fellow bloggers recipes too, hence I apologize for not visiting your blogs & giving my valued comments .;)
I am just putting up a basic version of Mashed potatoes, which I had made a couple of months ago, to have it with my Caribbean Chicken. Mostly every one knows how to make this simple Mash but this recipe is for those who are new to cooking and would want to know the basic recipes. Mashed Potatoes can be a great accompaniment with a good Roast Chicken. Its a delightful experience on its own. Ok, Am going back to my Stealth mode again.....Hope to be back pretty soon!!.
- 4-5 big floury potatoes (preferably maris piper)
- 125 ml milk
- 25 g butter
- salt & pepper to season
- Peel & cut large potatoes into even chunks & put them in a pan with plenty of salted water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat & simmer until tender for about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Pour milk in a saucepan & bring to the boil. Pour onto the potatoes with the butter & season with salt & pepper.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth.