My love towards Pasta continues & today I have brought to you the "4P's" for your Friday Supper. It is the Pasta, Peas, Prawns & Pancetta day, this "Fit & Fabulous Friday". And Co-incidentally, My Zumba DVD kit has also arrived and am super excited about it. Just praying to God to give me strong Will power to Survive on Salads , Walks & Zumba workout. I need to remove these lumps of FAT from my body by hook or crook. Its High Time!!
This time I have used Tagliatelle Pasta, the thick flat noodle shaped like Pad Thai. Combined with pink Prawns & Pancetta, with some Green Peas, this dish will never go wrong. This is a Super Easy supper in which you have veggie, sea food & meat combined together to give that yummy flavour yet very healthy. So let's finish cooking quickly in just 20 minutes.!!
- 200 gm tagliatelle (or any other shape of pasta)
- 15-20 tiger prawns
- 65 gm pancetta cubes
- 1 cup fresh / frozen peas
- 2 big cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to season
- Cook the Pasta as the per the instructions on the packet. Also add the peas along with the boiling pasta. Drain the water & keep both the pasta & peas aside.
- When the Pasta is getting cooked, heat a non stick fry pan & put in the pancetta cubes & prawns together to fry. No oil should be used here as the pancetta will release oil by itself. If the prawns are frozen, make sure it is fully thawed before putting it in the pan or else it will release water. Fry both the prawns & Pancetta until they become light golden.
- Remove them from the heat & soak the excess oil with a kitchen towel.
- Heat a separate saucepan & pour in 1 tbsp of olive oil. Keep the heat very low. Throw in the chopped garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Switch off the heat & throw in the Pasta, Prawns & the Pancetta. Season with required salt & a generous amount of pepper. Mix well with a pair of tongs.
- Drizzle another tbsp of olive oil & top it off with grated Parmesan cheese while serving it hot.
This recipe is linked to http://ameessavorydish.blogspot.com/2011/08/fit-and-fabulous-fridays.html.