This recipe of "Minced Meat Pasta with Rum & Cheese" is brought to you by my very good friend Simran Wahan, who has tried & tasted herself at her home & recommended the same to be published on my blog. I was also super excited as this is the very first "Guest" Recipe & that too from a non blogger. So excuse the clarity of the photographs as she had no intention of sending this recipe to me but later changed her mind. Thank You Simran for your lovely recipe, and am sure your recipe will be seen world wide & will be tried out by some foodies at their respective kitchens, including me. ;)
- 200 gm pasta (Any of your choice)
- 500 gm minced meat
- 20 ml rum (Simran says, if you can handle it, add more ;) )
- 200 gm sweet corn soup powder (any corn based soup)
- 5-6 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 10 gm sugar
- loads of grated cheese (preferably mozzarella or cheddar)
- fresh sprig of thyme or dried thyme to sprinkle at the end
- salt & pepper to season
- In a saucepan, boil water and cook the pasta as per the packet's instruction. Drain & keep it aside.
- Take a pressure cooker & add the minced meat & pour minimum water & required salt and steam cook for at least 20 minutes.
- Wait for the pressure to go & open the lid. Now add in loads of black pepper powder & some salt only if needed. Also add in the crushed garlic & mix well until all the water has evaporated & the meat is nicely roasted.
- Now add in the sugar & pour in the rum & switch off the heat. Keep it aside.
- In a saucepan, make a thick soup out of the soup powder (Make the soup as per the packet's instructions).
- Now the layering begins. Take your pasta serving dish & layer the above items in the order mentioned. Spread the soup at the bottom of the dish. Then layer some pasta over it.
- The spread a layer of minced meat. And grate some cheese over it. Again layer a round of the left over Pasta, & some more cheese to end. Sprinkle on some dried thyme on top.
- Bake your layered pasta dish in an oven at 350 degree Celsius, until the cheese melts over your tasty pasta.
- Drizzle on some rum over it if you want & serve piping hot with some garlic bread & honey chilli sauce.