This is a refreshing and very nutritious salad. Add the dressing just before serving so that the leaves do not become soggy. The total calories are only 130 and its absolutely healthy and filling. I saw this recipe in a food magazine & thought to share it with all of you. :)
- 250 gm spinach leaves
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 red onion
- Wash the spinach leaves & dry them thoroughly on a kitchen paper. Remove any tough stalks and tear the larger leaves into half.
- Peel the orange and carefully slice between the membrane of the orange to remove the segments. Reserve any juices for the salad dressing.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Mix together the spinach, orange segments & arrange in a serving dish. Scatter the chopped onions over it.
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- salt & pepper to season
Whisk together the above ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving. Toss the salad well to coat the leaves with the dressing.