I have got something special for the pasta lovers this time . With this recipe, turn your simple pasta dish to a delicious Italian "Fine Food". Steamed Chicken parcels are super easy to make and in no time too. Steaming allows you to cook without fat & these little foil parcels retain all the natural juices of the chicken. So cook up some delicious Italian Chicken parcels and bring your routine simple cooking to restaurant standards.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 250 gm pasta (any shape, penne or fusilli preferable) (I have used whole wheat pasta, which is a much healthier option)
- 2 tomatoes (can use sun dried tomatoes also) (chopped)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 olives (pitted, green or black)
- salt & pepper to season
- Place the chicken breasts between pieces of cling film & eat with a rolling pin to flatten evenly.
- Blend the basil leaves, hazelnuts, garlic with some salt & pepper until coarsely chopped.
- Spread the basil -nut mixture over the flattened chicken breasts & roll up from one short end to enclose the filling.
- Wrap the chicken roll tightly in another fresh cling film or aluminium foil so that they retain their shape.
- Cook the pasta as per its instructions in the packet (in salted, boiling water). Place the chicken parcels in a colander or steamer basket and put it over the boiling pasta pan. You can even steam the chicken separately. Cover with a lid and steam for 10 minutes.
- You will notice that the chicken cooks very quickly & the meat turns white.
- Drain the pasta & coat them with lemon juice & olive oil. Add the chopped tomatoes, olives & season it with salt & pepper.
- Take out the chicken parcels and pierce with a skewer to make sure the juices run clear & the meat is fully cooked & not pink. Slice the chicken.
- Arrange the chicken pieces over the pasta. Garnish with some fresh sprigs of basil.