This fresh tasting, Asian inspired noodle salad is speedy & nutritious. I always make this when am super lazy or in a mood to eat low fat food for a change. This noodle salad then comes to my rescue. Its tasty, quick and super filling. :)
- 100 g medium egg noodles
- 1/2 cucumber (sliced into thick baton)
- 1 bell pepper/capsicum (any colour, sliced)
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 tbsp sweet soy sauce (preferably ketjap manis, an Indonesian soy sauce)
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts (coarsely crushed)
- 1 egg (soft or hard boiled)
- 1/2 tinned cannellini beans (this is completely optional. I simply added it to my salad. You can use any other tinned beans or completely omit it)
- Cook the noodles in boiling water until just tender. Drain & arrange on a serving platter. Top with cucumber batons, sliced bell pepper & onion. Add the beans at this stage if you want.
- Drizzle over the soy sauce & squeeze over the lime.
- To finish, sprinkle over the crushed roasted peanuts & top with the halved boiled eggs.
Linking this recipe to ameessavourydish.blogspot.com where she is hosting a link party "Fit & Fabulous Fridays".