During the past couple of months, I have tried out many of my favourite dishes at home but when coming to posting recipes, I seriously am not getting time for it. June was completely bland as I have posted hardly one recipe. So to compensate that, I promise, July will be more palatable and interesting. So to start off, am bringing to you, everyone's favourite....the irresistible "Garlic Bread"!!
This warm, buttery, garlicky bread can be made at home in no time that you will stop ordering it from any pizza joint after relishing the home made. Perfect for any tea time parties. Bake it in 10 minutes and earn your brownie points. Forget the frozen garlic bread that you buy from the superstore and make your own at home, only it will be more fresh and delicious!!
- 1 french loaf (I have used a cheese baton)
- 50 gm butter (room temperature)
- 4-5 cloves of garlic (or more according to your taste)
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped fresh parsley (I have used dried parsley)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese (parmigiano reggiano)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Using a bread knife, slice (make slits) the french loaf about 3 cm apart, but without cutting it fully. Keep aside.
- Mince the peeled garlic with a mincer or grater.
- Take a small glass bowl and melt the butter in a microwave for no more than 30 seconds. It should be just creamy.
- Now add the minced garlic, parsley, oregano, thyme and required amount of salt & pepper o the butter. Stir the butter well.
- Take a tea spoon and spread the garlic herb butter into the each slit made in the loaf.
- In the same way, spread the parmesan cheese into each slit of the loaf.
- Place the loaf on a piece of aluminium foil and cover it loosely.
- Place the foil into the oven and let it bake for 8-10 minutes or until the butter has completely melted on to each slice. (If you like crispy crust, open the foil after the 5th minute and let the crust turn golden brown).
- Take the loaf out of the oven and slice the loaf completely and serve hot.