I was in a good mood today as my country had entered the World Cup Cricket Finals!! So that called for some sweet treat for the taste buds. So I quickly hopped into the kitchen and got the ice-cream out of the freezer. And then I thought...no...wait...let me make it more luxurious and rich but how?? And then I remembered about this great homemade quick Sundae.
This is an Italian Homemade Quick Sundae, which is super duper easy to make, when someone's coming home to dine at your place. You can surprise them with this sumptuous dessert which you can boast of making it all by yourself. Pure Indulgence!!
- any store bought ice-cream (preferably vanilla)
- 150 ml double cream
- 2 tsp instant coffee (nescafe/kenco)
- 80 ml boiling water
- 350 gm dark/milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 2 tsp sugar
- Pour the boiling water into the coffee. Stir and keep aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the double cream with the above made coffee in a medium heat.
- Add the chocolate chips to the saucepan and let it melt fully. Stir till the sauce is smooth. Switch off the heat. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, beat the whipping cream, sugar and vanilla extract with hand or with an electric whisker till soft peaks form.
At the time of your dessert, take an ice-cream bowl and put 3 scoops of your choice of ice-cream. Pour the chocolate sauce over it and then put 2 scoops of the whipped cream over it. Drizzle the chocolate sauce over it again. And there you go.....A LUXURIOUS TREAT is ready to be served!!
PS: The chocolate sauce can be preserved in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks for future use.