My last few days at Chesterfield, home alone, cherishing all the happy memories of the last 4 years. Spent whole day flipping through the photographs with a hot mug of Coffee relaxing on my recliner. I was in no mood to cook but then getting hungry is human, so I had to visit my kitchen to see what could be made. I decided to go light today so made use of all the remaining veggies (to clear off the fridge) to make a healthy Vegetable Soup. I finished off making a warm, healthy, filling soup for my lunch just within half an hour & went back to my couch only to get more lazy. Sometimes its good when you do nothing at all!! ;)
- 1/2 of medium cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled & finely diced)
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen peas
- 1 medium potato (finely diced)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 25 gm butter
- salt & pepper to season
- Melt the butter in a pressure cooker. Now add the crushed garlic & the chopped onion. Saute well.
- When the onion go translucent, put the cauliflower, diced carrots, peas, diced potato to it. Season well with lots of pepper & salt to taste. Add water till the veggies get covered fully. Close the pressure cooker & cook until 2 quick whistles.
- Let the pressure go off fully from the cooker. Open the lid of the cooker & mash the boiled veggies with a potato masher.
- Serve the hot soup in a bowl & top it off with some more pepper & a knob of butter if you want.
Linking this recipe to ameessavourydish.blogspot.com where she is hosting a link party "Fit & Fabulous Fridays".